- The era of the Turntable only being able to perform or play records for a DJ or consumer has now been re-invented to bring you a new instrument, the TURNTABLE INSTRUMENT.
- Imagine being able to control the vinyl the way you need it to be played as, being able to hit notes and keys just like any other instrument.
- With the introduction to the Controller One, the Turntables have became a product in making of a new industry category, Musical Instruments for DJs. (MIDJ)
- Originally a concept shared by one of the greatest Scratch composers D-styles and Scratch Musician Ricci Rucker, this piece has evolved to suit and bring a new light into the World of Scratch and the DJ looking for more than just a pitch control and Djing.
- Vestax proudly announces a new Musical Instrument named "Controller One" to enable you to play musical notes from turntable, that utilizes the newly developed digital servomechanism to perfectly control its motor rotation speed.
- It has the three powerful play modes that are;
- PITCH MODE, that is the standard turntable pitch control with adjustable pitch range at 8, 10, or 60%
- PITCH MEMORY MODE, that memorize the rotation speed to 8 free-assignable control keys (CTRL KEY) to enable you to play with one octave musical notes.
- NOTE MODE, that plays musical scales from Single Note Record by changing the platter rotation speed. In this mode, there are three functions that are;
- FADER CONTROLL, that automatically splits 100mm fader strokes into 16 to playback musical notes with maximum 2 octaves and enables you to play glissando like traditional fretless string instruments.
- BUTTON CONTROLL, that automaticaly program and playback one octave musical notes by assigining the standard musical notes to one of the 8 controll key positions. It plays up to 2 octaves by using Octave KEY.
- PEDAL CONTROLL, that enables you to change notes from external foot pedal with maximum 2 octaves music notes. It also enables you to change pitch with its standard pitch range of 8, 10, or 60% by switching the mode to the PITCH MODE.
- Use the pitch fader or the SCALE BUTTON to match the pitch speed instantly to major and minor scales.
- Change the scale with the foot switch while you scratch. Just as a guitarist would do with a wah pedal or guitar effects. Allow you to fully utilize the turntable with a scratch hand and fee to to control speeds and pitches.
- The CONTROLLER ONE isn't a stand alone instrument. The vinyl sound can be tuned, for when you play with other instruments or in a band. It's just as though a band or orchestra would do before a live performance, tuning their gear to bring the right sounds to the audience.
- If you're use to the normal pitch control, switch the pitch fader function to PITCH mode and play with a variable pitch range of 8/10/60%.
- 7SEG pitch LED for easy view and to know what note or pitch point you are on located at the top corner, to make sure you are on the right key and sound.
- Vestax's original powerful AC direct drive motor provides the best torque and stable speeds to perform the best in sounds.
- The pitch bend shifts up and down in half tones to play sharp and flat notes.
- Enables you to hit the notes and keys to the exactness.
- Please note this is a US/Canada version (AC 120V)